1 Ocak 2017 Pazar

Last project


Subject 1

(The Medici : Masters of Florence)

Basically it’s a TV Show that tells about the Medici family and a short period of Florence. As we all know this last assignment is unrestricted, I wanted to write about this show because it Rocks! You should watch it, it’s a mini-series and there are eight episodes. It’s nothing like Turkish dramas but there are some chaos in it. But like I said I recommened it.

About the Medici family, they were bankers and not very famous, also they were not aristocrats. So that means for the Europe they can’t be high level. But they could. They were so good at being bankers they even became Pope’s special bank. That brought them gold, a place in the council and Florence. Their reign was about three century. But they were supporting the artists when the Catholic Church was at the top.

Anyway, in the show Giovanni di Medici played by Dustin Hoffman and Cosimo di Medici played by Richard Madden (King in the North!). The rest of the actors were mostly Italian and British. The series was good and you can actually learn something and see the beautiful Florence. Also you can see Venice and all the Toscana area. The actors were good and the filming was amazing. But it was very short for me. I wonder the Lorenzo di Medici era. Maybe there might be a second season. If you’ll like this show, you can also watch Da Vinci’s Demons. It’s very good but until season three.(Spoiler)

I was a little bit disappointed about there weren’t any book or films about the Medici family. If you watched The Tudors or Boleyn Girl, there was a Tv show, a book series and a film.It was about Henry Tudor the eighth. He was the King of England. You could learn about him and the England via these kind of facility.

I hope TV industry will make a lot of movies and shows more like this kind. Because it is helpful and fun for these years. Anyway, now I’m skipping my next subject. Thank you for reading.


Subject 2
(To Killing a Mockingbird- A Harper Lee Novel)
It is a novel about racism in the 40’s. In Maycomb/America, there was a girl whose name is Scott Filtch. The girl was eight years old and she had a brother, Jem. In a summer, they witnessed a horrible situation. A white woman blamed a black man. She told everyone that the black man, Tom,  raped her and beat her. Of course as an American community they believed her without asking the man whether  it was true or false. About the Filtch kids, they were the children of Tom’s lawyer, Atticus. They heard and saw everything about the case. Also they learned about racism and stupidity of people.
About the auther, Harper Lee, she had never write before and it was her first novel. She was from Alabama. While she was writing the novel, she was 34 years old. After 55 years later, she wrote a new novel. It was called Go Set a Watchman. It was the second novel of her life and her first novels second book. After her novel published, she died a couple of weeks later. She was an activist against racism and she could do anything she can.
After the first novel pulished, it rewarded Pulitzer Price and then they filmed the novel. It was a great film for me. Also I read the second book, Go Set A Watchman, actually I’m still reading it. Beacuse I could found it in English in this summer and it was very cheap but the auther had a difficult accent and the composition is very old. So I suggest you to read it with a dictionary. But you can find the first book very easily in Turkish.
If you like these kind of books, I can recommend “The Help”. It’s about 40’s racism again but this time, the maids are telling the story. How they work? How the employers treated them? How they live?
There is also a movie about this book. It has the same name and it won an Oscar. These books are feminist and anti-racist. So be aware and then read them.Have fun !


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder